Monday, June 7, 2010

Wedding: DJ and Kathleen.

The double doors opened as the music grew louder. There she stood with a gorgeous smile and in a gorgeous white dress looking sensational. Goosebumps ran up my arms as I watched her walk down the isle to the boy she has been in love with since seventh grade. My eyes quickly jumped from her to DJ. There he stood. Smiling. Really big. The goosebumps ran still up my arms. I told myself I wasn't going to cry at this wedding. Then came time for their vows. He said his to Kathleen. She stood there listening to his every word to her. It was flawless. It was time for Kathleen to say her vows to him. For as long as I have known Kathleen, she seldom lets tears fall. So, as she spoke her vows to him, she started to choke and tear up. I understood. There she was, holding the hands of a man, once a boy, who she has been in love with since she was twelve years old. So, as I watched her say her vows letting the tears flow, I felt a squeeze in my hand from Bryan. He didn't have to look at me, he just knew, I was tearing up as well.

To watch two of our very close friends get married after being together for a LONG time simply put was beautiful. Their love is a love like no other. They are beautiful together on the inside and outside and have grown together over the years. It was bliss to watch them on that gorgeous Saturday go from teenagers to adults to a married couple!

DJ and Kathleen, Bryan and I love you both more than I can describe! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness and love. Have a blast in Jamaica! xoxo.











No comments: