Thursday, September 2, 2010

Heather Cole's Playshop.

The phone started to ring. My heart was pounding. I kept thinking, the worse she could say to you is I am busy or I cannot talk right now. I did not know what to think honestly, but I kept thinking the worse because I was THAT nervous. As soon as I heard her voice on the other end, my heart was at ease. I knew in the first five minutes, she was going to be different. Very different. I asked if she had a few minutes to talk. She said of course. I told her my story. She didn't have to listen to it. But, she did. She briefly told me her story in return. We shared a few laughs in between. At the very end of our conversation, she told me to come to her workshop. She said it would change my photography and my business. I looked over at Bryan, and all it took was one smile from him to know I should take the leap. And, that is how a friendship began with a photographer I look up to not only for her remarkable photographs but her love for life, photography and her family!

On that beautiful morning, I joined two other gals at Heather Cole's studio to learn everything from photography to business to everything in between! Within nine hours, I changed my entire outlook in hopes to run a more efficient and successful photography business. By the end of the day, I felt like I was going to fall over because of how heavy my brain was with the information I learned within those nine hours! The entire time, I kept thinking this woman is AH-MAZING! Here she was in my shoes six years ago, not knowing anything about her camera or Photoshop and now she is one of those photographers that has worked with and knows some of the other fabulous photographers I look up to in the industry! In fact, her very first workshop six years ago was with Jasmine Star, Jessica Claire and some of the others from good ol' California! But, here is what I LOVE about Heather Cole. She is not scared to help others like myself starting out. She openly welcomed us into her home, showed us how she edits, how she works during a session, how she uses the sunlight to benefit her photographs and how she runs her business so it benefits her family and her in the end.

Below are some of my favorites I took during the Playshop when we went out to shoot! Heather and her family are outrageously beautiful! Seriously.

Heather, all I can say is that in six years, if I am half as successful as you are, I will be very grateful! Thank you thank you thank you times one million for showing us what happens when you take a leap of faith in life! Thank you for showing us what happens when you work VERY hard. Girl, you are ridiculously fabulous, and your love for what you do shines through your gorgeous photographs and blog!!! xoxo.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH my goodness...thank you soo much for saying such amazing things about me, my life, my family and my workshop. I'm so glad you came and you feel like you are going in the right direction now. You are an amazing person...I wish nothing but the best for you!!!

Hugs,

Heather