Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Do: Sean and Susie.

It gets me every time. And every time, the deepest part of my heart gets all choked up and it does not understand how to feel. Oh, but it gets worse when I know them. When I love them. Like family.

At 2:00 on a gorgeous Saturday, all heads turned to the back of the cathedral as the doors opened. There she stood looking like an angel. Breathtakingly beautiful. And, while every single head was turned to the back, my head turned towards the groom. My heart tugged, and I had to fight every tear that was ready to pour down my face as I looked at him. There he stood, with that smile, that look of complete unconditional love for the girl that made up his entire world.

Later that evening, Mr. Phillips walked up to the dance floor and was handed a microphone. He spoke about Sean and the first time he met him. He instantly knew Sean was going to stick around for more than a few months. He knew Susie had found her best friend, her husband and her partner-in-crime in one man. He looked at Susie when he told her she had the kindest heart, which she does. He ended with telling them to never go to bed angry, to always love one another through the good and bad times and to always be best friends like he is with Mrs. Phillips. You can only imagine, at a table of some of our best friends, there was not a dry eye there.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why I love love love LOVE weddings. I love that first look, I love the speeches, I love the smiles and I love that it is always a happy occasion no matter what. Oh, and while I am being honest, I LOVE the desserts! I blame my sweet tooth!

The day was special in every way possible. Mostly because I watched two of my best friends celebrate their love for one another. The same two people who fell deeper and deeper in love, went through some tough times yet some really amazing times and have transformed from college sweethearts to husband and wife over five years.

Sean and Susie, Bryan and I wish you many many many happy years of a fabulous marriage! We love you more than I can ever describe in writing. We cannot wait to go on vacations together, have little munchkins, love and embarrass them, go to their weddings and have all kinds of memories in between! Have a fabulous fabulous honeymoon! xoxo.

(I should mention that I was not the photographer for this wedding. The amazing Derek Cadzow from Love and Life Photography and his second shooter, Tracey Bartmann-Leek from Timeless Expressions Photography were the photographers for this oh so fabulous wedding. I was just a bridesmaid with a camera capturing some fun moments along the day and practicing what I love doing-photography!)





















1 comment:

Timeless Expressions Photography said...

Great work.
Tracey