Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Beginning.

Have you ever been given a second chance in life? It's a question I ask myself and ponder about every day for the past one month. In between being laid-off from my job out of college to finding out the solution to my health problems, God has given me a chance to view life differently. Many said that I should view all of this as a blessing in disguise as I was at a job that made me unhappy. My fiance, Bryan, would ask me, "What do you want to do?" I would answer with more questions. This path, however, was always in the back of my head. Photography. Where do I get it from? My father. He has a love for photography like you would not believe. Where did I become inspired? From Bryan and I's wedding photographer, Kelly Manno. She is someone who I should thank each day for allowing me to see that this path is something I can do, and there are people out there who absolutely love their passion. It's not going to easy, but will it make me happy? Oh most definitely.

I thought my first post should be about the start of where I am. This blog is for all the people out there including Bryan and I's friends and families whom I hope to meet and capture all things special in their lives through photographs. It's for you to learn more about my life and what inspires me, what experiences and paths I am led on, and how I live out my passion for photography.

To begin with, my name is Shefali, most people call me Shefy. I currently reside in Leawood, KS (South KC). In December 2008, my boyfriend of five years (at the time) made me the happiest and luckiest woman as he proposed to me. We are getting married on June 19th, 2010, and we cannot be MORE excited than we are as each day creeps closer to our wedding day! You might wonder about the name I chose to begin my photography journey. I know I wanted to use my married name, so I went ahead and inserted "Lindsey" into the name I want to be forever known by: Shefali Lindsey Photography. Not to mention, the passion for photography is going to be shared with Bryan as we both hope to teach and grow together.

Something fun you will learn is my stamp, my brand: flowers. Why flowers? There is a hidden meaning. When younger, I would sketch flowers all the time, I mean ALL the time. It was not until my later teenage years, my mother mentioned the meaning of my name. Shefali means a type of flower. How fun, right? Flowers are a timeless and artisitc beauty I think God created, so to me, who I am represents everything behind what I want to capture through the photographs I take!

I hope this gave you a better idea of who I am. Check back often as I will try to post a few times each week. You will learn about the people I meet along this path I am led on and the pictures I capture. Bryan told me this quote that reassured my decision to follow my heart: "If you make something you love your job, you will never work a day in your life." To him, I owe my happiness and motto of loving, laughing, and living life to the fullest.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Awww! I love it! Good luck with your new adventure! I know you'll be great at it :)