Friday, August 28, 2009

Gratitude.

Have you recently been driving and listening to a song that gives you goosebumps-the good kind? The song that moves you, makes you think, and quite possibly even waters your eyes a bit. Well, this happened to me today. Yes, this post really does not have much to do with photography, but it is about gratitude. I was coming home from grocery shopping and listening to 106.5 the Wolf in KC. (Great station by the way if you love country music!) As I am coming near my apartment, I hear "American Soldier" come on. I have heard this song many times. However, today, I listened to the words for the first time, and my eyes started to water. I started to think about how many men and women are overseas fighting for our freedom. I think about the people who have fought for our freedom in past centuries. Friends, family members, friends of friends, and so on. So many of them give their lives up when they enlist. Some say good-bye to their families for a year or two at a time. Some die proudly for their country. With Labor Day weekend coming up, I wanted to take the time to say thank you. Thank you to the men and women who fight for our country. It is because of you, we are able to dream and hope.

Happy Friday Everyone! Check back next week for some more eye candy!

No comments: