Monday, August 31, 2009

Shots from the Weekend.
















I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! A majority of my weekend was spent relaxing and reading the "Time Traveler's Wife" (great book by the way-highly recommend it!). It was wonderful! Not to mention, the weather was absolutely gorgeous. As I promised, I have some great shots from the weekend.


Have you ever wondered if you could put creamy cheese, sugar, eggs, cookies soaked in coffee, and some cocoa powder all together and make something so delicious? Well, one of Bryan and I's favorite deserts is tiramasu. You can only imagine to my great surprise that Bryan was wondering through the isles of one of the grocery stores when he found gluten-free ladyfingers. This about made my day. Yes, it does not take much to please me especially when it comes to food! The first shot is of the tiramasu Bryan and I made for our date night last week. We definitely learned from some of our mistakes. However, it tasted out-of-this-world. (My roommate, Martha, even concurred it was delicious.)


Sunday, good old Sunday was wonderful. The weather was just hanging onto 70 degrees. The sun was coming in and out of the clouds. The big trees were oh so green. We spent our Sunday afternoon walking around and spending some good ol' quality time together in the Lenexa park. I took this as another opportunity to play with my camera some more, so of course after some kisses, Bryan agreed to be my "portrait" model again. I told him, one day he is going to be famous! The shots of me were taken by my partner-in-crime, and if I do say so myself, he did a great job! We had fun goofing around, checking out the neat dam they built there (we even discussed some of the engineering logistics to it...oh to be engineers...), and just walking around and talking. Hope you enjoy them. There will be some eye candy later on this week, so check back soon. I'm off to go meet my Youth Friend since he is back in school now!


Happy Monday!














2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the shawdow one of the kiss, great idea

Miss Mandi said...

Love love love! I've started following your blog and as I trailed back to the beginning of your posts, I happened across this entry. Your last picture is so sweet. I bet every couple would love one of themselves. Way to make me jealous!

You have come a really long way girlie. Keep it up - and no hard feelings from us Civils, you have to do what makes you happy =)