Thursday, March 11, 2010

Does It Feel Real Yet?

It all began on March 6th. It was a beautiful, warm and sunny day. Some might say it was the perfect weather condition to have a special event. I woke up and all I had were butterflies. I could not figure it out for the life of me except that they needed to disappear fast. I spent a large portion of my morning hanging out with one of my bridesmaids and getting ready. However, the butterflies were still there. I went to lunch with a few of my close gals and had a wonderful time catching up with them. Afterwards it was time for us to head to my first bridal shower, we all drove to my aunt's home where my nerves took over all of my emotions. Still could not figure out why they were there. I arrived with a warm welcome from my mum's friends, both of my aunts, Bryan's family and some of my gals. We played games and laughed. Oh the laughing. Naturally, I embarrassed myself but I had just the best time! We ate some delicious food my aunts and mum made along with desert. My heart was full of bubbles at this point, but the nerves, yes, they still were there!

It came time to open presents. I loved every item Bryan and I received for our new life together. It meant so much to me to be surrounded by all the wonderful people in Bryan and I's life. We truly are blessed, I thought. I read each card. There was one card that caught my attention, and it allowed me to solve the mystery of my nerves and butterflies. In the card, it said, Does it feel real yet? That was the answer. You see, until that day, pieces of it felt real. The registering, finding a place to call home and making decisions about our future. However, on March 6th, I realized I am actually getting married. Not just, Oh I think we are going to get married. Bryan and I have dreamt for this day for a long time. Six years of being together can do that to you! However, when people were asking me questions about Bryan and I together, I was opening gifts we would place in our home together and my mum and best friend had sparkles in their eyes because they knew in their hearts I was marrying the most perfect guy for me, it made it all feel very real. My nerves are gone now and are replaced with pure excitement because a little over three months from now, I am going to be marrying a man who is my whole world, my best friend!

Enjoy some of the shots taken at my bridal shower by my good friend, Stacy!























My flower girl was quite the little helper.























I was scared. Very scared for what was about to happen.























I will save myself the embarrassment and say it got pretty ridiculous from this point on.























Um...YUM!
















I consider myself ever so blessed to be marrying into an amazing family. Seriously!
















I love this girl for so many reasons.























My oh so beautiful bridesmaids (minus one)!























Most of my fabulous gals (some of them are missing)!




















































This game is harder than you think when you are put on the spot! I had to chew a piece of Bubblicious gum each time my answer did not match up to Bryan's answer!































Susie did a stellar job making my bow bouquet!
















My Mama.























My maid-of-honor. Isn't she just gorgeous?!


No comments: