Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Seeds of Passion: My Dad.

Do you ever wonder where you get certain talents and skills from? Often, I get asked where my love for photography came from? My answer would be my dad. My dad is an incredible photographer. Just incredible. Not one of my childhood memories or big moments in life is complete without my dad there with his camera to capture it all. He has this profound love for the camera: the way he takes pictures, the way he makes others laugh and smile and the way he loves to teach photography to others including myself. When I told my dad that I wanted to take up photography as a hobby and see where it goes, he was 100% on board. He gave me love, support and encouragement. He, also, taught me everything he knows, and what he has learned so far in his photography journey. Using a flash was very foreign to me in the beginning, and if it were not for him, I would have never understood how to make it work as an advantage in my pictures! Some days I wonder if I would have fallen into this fun and exciting hobby of mine if it were not for my dad. In tribute of my dad's birthday last weekend, I thought it was only fitting that I choose him for my "Seeds of Passion" segment today! Dad, if it were not for you, I would not challenge and better myself not only as a photographer, but as a person! You're one of the reasons why I am following my heart and doing everything I have dreamt of and love! I love you.

This is a picture we took a few years ago, but I absolutely love it! Happy Tuesday!



1 comment:

Susie said...

how sweet shef! your parents have to be so proud of you :)