Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seeds of Passion: Kelly Manno.

I remember looking at pictures of one of my friend's engagement. All it took was one glance to fall in love with her photographs. Her talent. Shortly after, I asked my friend who had done her engagement pictures. Why Kelly Manno. It took Bryan and I about five minutes to realize we wanted her to capture all the memories of our wedding day! After meeting her, we both felt certain we made an excellent choice. I remember how fun and outgoing she was, and her talent, oh her talent just melted me on the spot.

However, this story goes a bit deeper. It seems her story is similar to mine as well. Photography found her. About six years ago, she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy only to find out some complications occurred. It was at that moment, she realized she was going to have to quit her job and be at home with him. However, being newlyweds, she wanted to still find a way to help her new hubby financially. After a lot of brainstorming, she came to photography. Never having taken a class or studied photography, she dove right in. She stayed up late at night teaching herself everything from editing programs to shooting in manual. She spent days in frustration and had failed and succeeded. Six years later, three kids later, a booming business later, Kelly Manno is pretty much someone I would call Super Mama!

Upon meeting her, I was so inspired. She was actually one of the people who gave me some great advice and showed me through her dedication and talent, you can really live out your passion. I owe much gratitude to Kelly for being an excellent role-model in this industry! I only hope someday when I have kids and a career, I can juggle it all with as much grace, love and happiness as she does!

Here's a picture of Kelly with their newest addition to the family, Libby Lu (LOVE the name)!

(Picture taken by: Clary Pfeiffer Photography)

No comments: