Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Seeds of Passion: Kelle Hampton.

It usually starts with a knot in my throat. The tears start to flood my eyes. Every time I have this happen, I wish I was not so caring so I would not have to go through these feelings. However, it is who I am. Bryan says I go through these series of emotions because I have too big of a heart: the pain, happiness, gratitude and sadness. They contradict one another but compliment one another so well at the same time it's almost bittersweet.

It hit me Monday afternoon like a hurricane hits the Florida seashore: fast, unexpected and with a large impact that kind of shook my entire world. In a good way. The kind of way that made me look at everything in my life different. There I was at work taking a moment's break to read a new blog I stumbled across. Enjoying the Small Things by Kelle Hampton. She is a mama to two beautiful little girls, has a loving hubby and is enjoying her passion of photography. Her photographs make my heart swoon with joy. Seriously. They are so real, full of life and living each moment to the fullest. At the top of her blog was a "If you are new to this site, a good place to start is here." So, naturally I clicked on here. Little did I know the click to here would rock my world and make me look at life just a little different. That this story defines who she is as a mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister and photographer.

I went on to read the birth story of the newest addition to her happy, little family: Nella. Kelle went on sharing how excited her hubby and her were to have the birth of their newest addition happen. They were full of joy, love and happiness. Champagne waited to be opened with friends and family, favor boxes were ready to hand out to visitors and their little girl was dressed and ready to be a big sister! As I read about her baby girl being born, I thought to myself, there is a twist to this story. Sure enough, I was right. It was time for her to head to the delivery room to deliver her pride and joy, and as she was born and handed to Kelle something happened that shook Kelle's entire world. Her new baby girl, Nella, was born with Down syndrome. The rest of the story had me crying silent tears for this family I had never met nor will meet in the future probably. However, the power of her words moved me. The way this woman lives her life and lives it to the fullest way possible with her girls and husband is ever so inspiring.

I encourage everyone to read her words. They will move you. Make you appreciate all of life's blessings. After all, life is a blessing and the things we are given within our lives come in all forms of gifts and surprises. Some may rock our world while others will make us dance for joy, but every blessing in every form is worth celebrating!

To Kelle Hampton, I may never meet you, but I want to thank you for making me understand life is full of surprises and with every surprise life gives you, it is worth "enjoying the small things."

(The pictures below are two of my favorites from her blog about the birth story of her daughter, Nella, taken by Heidi and Laura.)

No comments: