Monday, April 19, 2010

Simple.

I needed last week. Kind of like I need cake. Or Reese's Pieces. Oh dear, I'm already getting off topic. Like I was saying, I needed last week. I needed to slow down. Times one hundred. I needed to be reminded of the simple things I am blessed with in my life. Like running outside in eighty degree weather for an hour all the while smelling honeysuckle in the air. Like mentoring an intelligent fifth grader and seeing the twinkle in his eyes when he beats a twenty-five year old at a strategy game (yes, this actually happened). Like taking afternoon naps and getting lost in reading a good book until the late afternoon hours. Like browsing through antique shops in Weston with Bryan. Like feasting with good food, wine and some of our best friends at a winery on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon. Like sitting in an Irish pub and listening to good ol' Irish music without a care in the world, dancing and singing. Like dreaming with the one I love the most about all the great things to come. Simple is lying down in the middle of my living room at midnight with candles lit everywhere, holding my love's hand and listening to one of our best friends play us our first dance song for our wedding on his guitar while we are filled with pure bliss.

It is so easy to get caught up in the hectic life we lead day-to-day. However, once in awhile, we get blessed with simplicity. It's God way of reminding us to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life. With the flowers and trees blooming everywhere, I encourage everyone to take this time of the year to enjoy the simple things: backyard BBQs with neighbors and family, lying in the grass at a park and reading a good book or just spending time taking long walks with your loved ones. Simple is found in everything we can never buy. Happiness is what follows simple. It's what we are surrounded by and have in our lives. So, take the time to enjoy being simple. After all, I think it is the best way of living. We just forget from time to time and need a reminder.

A shout out to my future hubby: B, I cannot wait to marry you in TWO MONTHS from today! Most of all, I cannot wait to enjoy the simple things in life with you everyday.

Happy Monday!

(This is a picture of two of our best friends taken over the weekend. Every time I look at it, I cannot help but feel happy and blessed.)

No comments: