Friday, December 4, 2009

Birthday Wishes to My Mum.

I'm sure you remember, but when I was in fifth grade, our best friends moved away. Shalin and I were heartbroken as we watched their cars drive off. You put a movie on for us. We sat there with tears rolling down our face as we realized they were moving hundreds of miles away. You held both of us in your arms and cried with us. You understood our hurt. You got up and made us some delicious puppy chow to snack on and made us laugh that day.

Fast forward three more years. I was in eighth grade. You found me on my bedroom floor, crying. There were some girls at school who hurt me. You sat next to me as I cried to you. You told me you would be my friend, and we could do something fun that evening together. That is what you did. You comforted, you chased away my pain and you always stood by my side even at the hardest of times. Mum, I know sometimes I have been a pain. Teenage girls are not fun to deal with, I am sure. However, through the good and bad times we've had, I have always loved you. I look up to you. Scratch that, I don't just look up to you, I idolize you. You see, you are not only the kind of mother I want to become one day for Bryan and I's children, but you are the kind of woman I want to grow up to become. I want your courage, your determination, your ability to fight pain and your good heart.

As you take this day to celebrate your birthday, I hope you take a few moments to realize what an accomplished and beautiful wife, mother and woman you are! I only wish you another year filled with love, laughter and happiness.

I love you, mum.

(A post is always better with a picture so...a picture of ma famille.)

No comments: