Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hello Fall.


















(Picture from the top of Shawnee Mission Park's Observatory Tower last October.)

It is the cool, crisp air like today and walking around the grocery store seeing people in scarves. Maybe it's when I look outside my window and see hints of yellow, orange and red peeping through the trees. It might be the sound of the leaves crunching as you walk over them. Perhaps it is the talk of hot chocolate and pumpkin spice lattes. I bet it is the thought of eating warm, apple pie or pumpkins seeds sprinkled with cinnamon and snuggling on the couch while watching my favorite movie. No, it has to be the excitement everyone around me feels talking about what they want to dress up for Halloween. It could be the scent of the cranberry spice candle. I am sure it is the decorations in stores for the upcoming holidays that somehow seem to arrive in a blink of an eye. It could be one or all of these reasons as to my excitement for Fall this year. I can not exactly figure out how time flew by in the past year, but somehow we are approaching the beginning of Fall and some of my most favorite holidays of the year! I look forward to visiting a pumpkin patch, carving a pumpkin, a visit to the Observatory Tower, photographing families and couples into the heart of Fall, dressing up for Halloween and celebrating Bryan's birthday and Thanksgiving with good friends and our families. To think, this time next year, I will be enjoying the beginning of Fall with my new hubby and be blessed with more moments in my life to be thankful for!

Happy First Day of Fall and Tuesday!

No comments: