Monday, September 28, 2009

Shots from the Weekend.
















What is your ideal weekend like? I imagine mine being one surrounded by good friends and family, good food, laughter, simplicity, and happiness. This weekend was like what I described. Bryan and I ventured to Silex, Missouri for his humongous family reunion. We got to sleep in BOTH days, which if you know Bryan, is about God's greatest gift to him...ever. I got to edit pictures of a family session I did last week (stay tuned), hang out with his sisters, help make a delicious Mexican feast, bake gluten-free brownies and cookies (who am I kidding, Bryan did most of the baking, I was the taste tester), visit with his brother, sister-in-law, niece, and Baby Savannah, watch movies and read and relax on Saturday which was pure bliss. The picture below of Bryan on the tractor pretty much sums up why we love visiting Liz and Rich (Bryan's mum and stepdad). We absolutely love being in the country and the quietness it sustains. If you ask Bryan, he might add the fact that he gets to do things like driving Rich's tractor. Boys.


We spent Sunday in Pacific with his mum's side of the family for the reunion. There were over 150 people (there were a lot of people missing!), good food, beautiful photo albums of weddings and other memorable events, and wonderful stories being told. At one point during the afternoon, I just stood still to take in the laughter, the happiness, and the fun that I was surrounded by. The pictures below explain why I absolutely love Bryan's family; they are fun, crazy, silly, sweet and kind-hearted and most of all...I can see every bit of what I love in Bryan in his family! It is times like this past weekend that make us miss and savor every minute we are home.


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Check back this week as I have a family session of a baby girl name Lucy and her mum and dad that will make your heart melt. Happy Monday!














No comments: