Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Family: The Pfefferkorns.

There are times when I doubt myself as a photographer. I doubt my skills, and I doubt my ability to capture love and life through my lens. There are times when I get discouraged and there are times when I search for the reasons of why I am doing this. I am not scared to admit this. I know it is a passion of mine, but it goes deeper than passion. The reason I do this is because of families like the Pfefferkorns.

We had the utmost pleasure of meeting Gabe, Jana and Lucy. As soon as we met them, we instantly fell in love with their family. Gabe has a refreshing and upbeat attitude about life. He had this smile on his face the whole time I spent taking pictures and not because he had to, but because he seemed absolutely happy with his life and his family. Jana, much like Gabe, is ever so sweet. Bryan and I could tell right away, she loves every minute of being a mother to sweet little Lucy. She is confident and content with her life! Together, Gabe and Jana are beautiful. Both on the inside and outside. It's quite obvious.

They have a beautiful daughter named Lucy who I literally wanted to spend the session playing with instead of taking pictures. She is SO fun, SO cute and can make anyone laugh in a heartbeat. I spent moment after moment, putting my camera down or giving it to Bryan, just so I could hold her, play with her and laugh with her. If you can't tell already, she has an amazing personality. She has a sense of wonder, a fearless attitude and a strong sense of who she is. The best part about it is she is only one!

Gabe and Jana, I don't have words to describe how much we adored the two of you and Lucy! To state it simply, your family is beautiful. I hope you enjoy my favorites; there were too many to choose from. You both are going to love the rest of them. Lucy is a blast to photograph!















No comments: