Monday, November 9, 2009

It's the Little Moments in Life That Make You Smile.

Every weekend for the past month, he would wake up early. I would tell him over and over again, "You don't have to come with me. I can do this today on my own." Yet he would vote against that idea. He would wipe off that sleepy look on his face, have a sincere smile and get ready to be my partner in this adventure of ours every Saturday and Sunday. He never complained. Not even once. I thank God everyday for blessing me with an incredible fiance and partner-in-crime in life. I kept wondering why it was he would accompany me. His reasons were to calm my nerves right before the session, to be there to help me and to learn so one day he can take pictures with me. While I know all of this is true, I knew there was more to it. I found the answer I was searching for last Saturday morning.

We had spent that morning photographing one of the cutest babies who turned one recently! I laughed so much during the session that I actually had to put my camera down numerous times. I would turn around and there he was laughing and smiling. We would look at each other and exchange looks of joy and happiness. I hopped into his truck after the session was over. As we were driving back to my apartment, I listened to him go on about how cute the baby was and how much fun it was for him to be there. I realized it then. I turned to him and asked him, "Is this why you accompany me? You love meeting the families and their little ones too, don't you?" He looked at me and smiled. My heart melted, and I couldn't do anything but smile as well.

You see, I am not in this for the money. This is one of the reasons I don't charge much for my sessions. I enjoy doing this because it is something I am very passionate about. Most of all, I love meeting the dive
rse families I have met. Each family is different and each one brings me great joy in doing what I love to do! Like Bryan, I truly enjoy being around my clients for the hour I spend with them.

I don't have any "Shots from the Weekend." However, I will leave everyone with a sneak peak of the beautiful McCune family. Check back tomorrow for more of this family.

Happy Monday!

No comments: