Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Letter.

Dear God,

Thank you. Thank you times one hundred. No, times one million. Thank you for keeping my mum in good health; she is the woman I look up to and strive to become. Thank you for keeping my dad healthy year after year; it is his good heart, unconditional love, determination and hard-working ethic I have inherited and hope to never forget where it comes from. Thank you for my little brother. He will always be the man I protect with everything I have so no harm befalls upon him, ever; God, I truly love that boy. Thank you for blessing me with one of the best gifts you could have given me, my best friend and soulmate, Bryan. It is because of him I want to be a better person each day; he is my whole world, God, so thank you for protecting him and keeping him safe. Thank you for bringing good health and happiness to Bryan's family; they have taught me to see life as a blessing, and I love them with all my heart. Thank you for blessing me with the best of friends whom I cannot refer to as my best friends most times but a part of my family. They are the ones I have cried the hardest with and laughed so much I actually had tears rolling down my cheeks; they have taught me some of life's dearest lessons. Thank you for all the families, couples and children who believed in me and give me the chance to capture memories; it is because of them I am able to do what I love.

Thank you for finding a cure to my health problems. For keeping me the healthiest I have ever been these past five years and for continuing to let me lead a healthy lifestyle. Thank you for teaching me to have faith and to hope, to dream. It is because of my faith in you that I am able to reach for the stars. Thank you for giving me the opportunities to do what I LOVE. To be a photographer and a teacher. These are two dreams I never thought I would see so soon, but certain events happening allowed me to follow my heart and passions. Thank you for a good home, food, happiness and love. Last of all, thank you for showing me in your own way that giving back and having a kind heart are more important than anything money can ever buy. My only wish for the holidays is that every person has a warm home or roof over their head, food, love and happiness in their life. Thank you.

With love and gratitude,
Shefy

May this Thanksgiving day be filled with warmth, good family and friends, wonderful health, love and happiness.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your writing is so beautiful! I am thankful for having you in my life too.

Bryan