Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Event: American Royal BBQ.

What better way to welcome the lovely month of October than the American Royal, KC's largest BBQ party! I got a call last week from Hilary asking me to photograph her boyfriend, Scott's event as a surprise. After talking to her on the phone, I got really excited and nervous about taking pictures for this event. It isn't a secret that photographers love working with natural light, but the event wasn't taking place until the evening, which meant I would be working with a flash. I took this as an exciting challenge! You can only imagine my nerves starting to build up as Friday evening approached. However, as soon as I met Hilary, my nerves were calmed. When you meet Hilary, you will probably think the same thing I did: gorgeous gal and ever so sweet! Seriously. Not to mention, she is really photogenic. Her friends and her made me feel so comfortable, and it made taking pictures a better experience. As soon as I met Scott, my nerves were definitely put to rest. He was extremely laid-back and friendly, which made my job much easier!


When looking around, I couldn't help but think what an awesome party Scott had put together. He hired a great DJ, had my mouth watering at the buffet line, and even had an open bar full of delicious drinks that made the Celiac in me incredibly jealous! The weather was crisp and cool, and everyone seemed to have an awesome time dancing, drinking, eating, and hanging out with good friends! That is what the American Royal is all about. I have to say Drink, Smoke, & Smoke put on a memorable event! Hilary and Scott, I am so glad I got the chance to meet you both. You are a beautiful couple that made my job so fun. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to photograph your event and making my first American Royal a wonderful one!















No comments: