Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spooky.

It's a tradition of ours. Pumpkin carving that is. No matter how busy we are, we make sure we visit the pumpkin patch and carve a pumpkin. We're big on celebrating holidays. Bryan's favorite aspect of Halloween is dressing up as something crazy or funny. This year was his choice of what we were going to dress up like. He chose well! I will be giving you a sneak peak of parts of my costume Saturday. However, my favorite aspect of Halloween is feeding my sweet tooth. I love chocolate and sugar. I know. It's bad. I feel like from October through February, it is my right to be excused from eating healthy. Again, I know this is bad. It does not help that I watch the Food Network while editing and this week is full of yummy Halloween treats. It's torture I tell you.


I got a bit side-tracked with the sugar talk. Back to pumpkin carving. This is a favorite of ours to do every year especially Bryan, which makes sense since he is doing most of the work. I, however, love making delicious snacks with the pumpkin seeds. I love food. What's new. So, I decided to make a batch with cinnamon and brown sugar and another batch with Worcestershire sauce and chili seasoning. They turned out quite delicious and all of it was gluten-free!


Enjoy some shots I took of our fun night of fall festivities.










No comments: