Friday, October 2, 2009

Lost and Found.

Have you ever felt lost? So lost, you wanted to give up. Give up dreaming. I did. It happened a little over two months ago. It was around the time I got laid-off as an Engineer and found out I was diagnosed with Celiac disease. Everyone told me to be patient. "Life would work itself out. God has better plans for you." I didn't believe them...at first.

I spent the next few weeks after two life changing events doing some soul-searching. I played with all kinds of career ideas but not one seemed to pop out at me. Not until I came to photography. I had the camera, the editing program, and the hunger to learn. The passion. Within a week of asking for volunteers, I had families willing to give me a shot at taking pictures for them. As I met more and more wonderful families that I befriended, my business began to grow. Photography gave me the chance to dream again. To believe in myself and to never lose the sense to "shoot for the stars" so to speak.

With that said, I have decided to pursue my other passion: teaching. You have probably noticed through my blog, I adore children of all ages. They bring me an incredible amount of joy. I can't get enough of them. Something about their energy and zest for life! (This is probably why I enjoy photographing them.) I have always wanted to teach and never took the chance to do it! With everything that has happened and with the current job market, I am taking full advantage of this time to receive my Master's in Math Education at Rockhurst University. I am so excited to start school in January, words I never thought I would say! Being a teacher will give me the chance to make a difference. It will give me the fulfillment I have been missing.

Have no fear though! I plan on doing photography as well. It feeds my creative side and brings me happiness when I photograph all the different types of sessions. As I go through my graduate program and onto my teaching career, I will continue taking photographs for my current and future clients. I truly enjoy doing photography and feel completely blessed that I am able to pursue both of my passions.

Life finally feels complete. I feel like I found myself. I found what makes me happy, what makes me smile, what makes my heart bubble with joy. Simply stated, life is fabulous.

(Why am I writing this? To remind me to keep dreaming the impossible and to give my readers a glimpse of who I am. I truly feel every photographer has their own style and unique personality. I usually do not meet my clients until the day of their session, so my blog is a way for them to understand me, as a photographer and a person.)

Happy Friday!

No comments: