Monday, October 26, 2009

Shots from the Weekend.
















Passions. The dictionary defines it as a powerful emotion or object. I have many, but I have five that pretty much define the person I am. I adore anything art and photography, children of all ages, helping people, being with my friends and family, and food. Yes, food! Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE food. All kinds of food. I think in another life, I was or will be a chef.

This weekend I got a glimpse of what it would be like to be a chef. To be a Paula Dean, Rachel Ray, or Giada De Laurentiis. I have been so busy with photography sessions and other aspects of my life that I am unable to cook homemade meals all the time. Well, Bryan and I decided not to let that happen this weekend. Aside from meeting and photographing the adorable and beautiful families, enjoying the gorgeous weather, running errands, watching movies and reading, we got the chance to make some of our favorite comfort foods. I saw an episode of Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals where she made a Florence-inspired meal. We altered some of the recipes, but OH. MY. GOODNESS. did it turn out to being delicious! If you go here, you can get the recipe for her Spinach Fettuccini with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce and Puttanesca Tomato Salad with Fried Capers. I promise it is simple to make and delicious and full of flavor to eat. You won't be disappointed. Last night, we decided to use some of the leftover pasta sauce from the previous night to make more of the pasta and accompany it with acorn squash. I used some butter, brown sugar, and syrup to add some sweet flavor. It made a delicious desert! Overall, this weekend was fabulous, and I can speak for our stomachs and say they are VERY happy!

Stay tuned this week as you won't want to miss out on some CUTE families and a newborn baby!

Happy Monday!

(PIctures were lost due to some complications. Sorry!)

No comments: