Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Animal Portraits: Chandra and Jenn.

A lot of thoughts ran through my head when we were driving to Ottawa, KS to meet Chandra and Jenn. It was my first session with horses. I was nervous. All I knew was this was going to be a challenge. I thought of Bryan's mum, Liz, and how much she loves horses. I tried to remember the things she had told me about her experiences. I came up with a list of different types of shots I wanted to get with Chandra and Jenn and their horses. I was rambling on to Bryan about who knows what to hide my nervousness. However, I felt calm as soon as we approached Ottawa. There is something about being out in the country that puts everything at ease. It gives off this soothing feeling. Bryan always told me how the air smells different when you are outside of the city. I never understood that until recently. When we stepped out at Jenn's house, it smelt wonderful. Fresh. What put me at complete ease was Chandra and Jenn.


They are absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous! Seriously. Not to mention photogenic. (Chandra is Heather's cousin whom I did my very first photo shoot with.) Besides being beautiful gals, they were incredibly sweet and welcoming. They put me at complete ease. Not to mention, they were all about having fun and laughing, which I love! Chandra owns three beautiful horses: Prince, Shadawn, and Patty. Prince is the beautiful dark horse in some of the pictures below. Shadawn and Patty are complete opposites but it was fun to see them interact with each other. Jenn's horse, Milo, has definite personality and reminded Bryan and I of Liz's horse. Actually, all of them had their own distinct personality. I spent two hours taking pictures all over Jenn's property not to mention chasing the horses around while they gave me some of their best action shots. Bryan and I had a blast with Chandra and Jenn and their wonderful horses. It was definitely a drive worth it. Enjoy some of my favorites below. I so wish I could post all of them because they were all simply put: gorgeous!


Happy Wednesday!
















No comments: